Monday, November 10, 2008

Backyard Bonfire


Ashton loves to go camping which is great...but totally inconvenient when we aren't planning a trip! He kept asking if we could go and when we said no and stated our reasons he had a comeback for each one.

"No it is too far" he replied "well we can ride in our truck". 
"No it is too cold" he shoots back "but we can have blankets to be warm". 
"No we don't have time" he says "its ok, we have lots of time.
So being the great daddy that he is, Dustin said "OK, lets go camping" and set up a fire in our fire pit. It didn't even phase Ashton that we were only in our backyard and it only took 20 minutes of our time to make a few more great memories. And now we know that Reagan is very possessive of marshmallows...LOL, oh the things you give the 2nd child that you wouldn't have dared to give your 1st!

10 comments:

Staci Kramer said...

Its so true! Jack didnt even taste sugar until his first birthday cake and even after that he didnt have it again till he was almost two. With abraham were like, does anyone have some candy to shut him up?

Anonymous said...

that looks like fun
my girls would love that too!

Brittney said...

thats so fun! what a great idea. he looks content with that fire.
libby loves roasted marshmallows too.

Catherine said...

Amber, I just found your blog from Mardi's and I'm so glad you've started a blog. It's a good thing Dustin set it up though, because in your last email, you said you weren't going to cave into the pressure. ;) I have missed your crazy, fun personality and sense of humor, and I'm excited I'll get a peice of that from your blog. I'm sending you an invite to my blog right now. Take care!

Matt and Megan said...

I am so excited you guys have a blog!! You are so cool now!! Love the pics, love you!!

Bryan and Katie said...

Ashton is sooo funny! "c'mon guys I'm not funny!"

Tina Upson said...

Um I think I may have a crush on Ashton...........he is so stinkin cute!! I am gonna miss you girl!!

---- said...

How fun! What great parents you are! its funny how we can over complicate things...when kids are happy no matter what you do for them! It seams like the times I simplify things down with the kids...the more fun we have as well. (probably cause mom isn't so stressed trying to get all the plans to come together...)

Cindy said...

Yay! A blog! Love the fire pit. We don't have one but my parents do and the kids LOVE it.

Anonymous said...

So, I totally forgot you had a blog. I was clearing out my emails and I found yours that said blah blah blah... blog. I got all excited, yet once again, for the maniac blogger you will be. Needless to say, I'm glad I have you on my list so I too can be your latest stawker!!
Miss ya Amber, your kids are getting so big and darling.