Friday, November 21, 2008

Ashton's Moments

I was so impressed with Ashton the other day when he showed me the portrait he drew of himself. It was not because it was a great drawing or because I have some distorted motherly instinct to love anything my son does; it was merely because drawing and coloring are not talents I have ever encouraged or helped him develop. Last time I paid any attention to something he colored it was scribbles and here he is showing me something that has an obvious form to it.


But then he showed me his picture of mommy. My first reaction was horror that he paid that much attention to the female body and particularly mine. But I took a moment to breathe...
I then asked him what those were (referring to the obvious) and he matter of factly told me they were my shoes. I laughed so hard and thanked the heavens my little boy was still so innocent.
He is also very into our camera and I am always finding new and random pictures in the memory. But I must say, we have been quite impressed by his ability, at such a young age, to capture great things. This is a picture that Ashton honest to goodness took just a few days ago.

And I don't have a picture for this story because somethings can't be immortalized but here you go. Last week in nursery Ashton's nursery leader held up 2 fingers and asked him what that was. He said "2". She then held up her pointer and pinky finger trying to be tricky and asked him what that was. Without skipping a beat he said "Rock and Roll". Oh to catch that on video would have been priceless!

5 comments:

Catherine said...

I was laughing so hard when I saw the "shoes" that look a little like something else! Ashton's drawings are seriously so good. What a sweet boy! The rock and roll story is the best!

Brittney said...

OH MY GOSH THAT IS WAY TOO FUNNY!!! SHOES! AND ROCK AND ROLL~! Two hilarious things! way to go on the picture taking too! thats impressive!

Duncan Family said...

I love those new stories. Such cute kids. We miss seeing you guys. So what are you doing with your life, work, church?????
We need to come see you guys.

Heidi Lanett Mixon said...

Those Sweetness of life moments are what get us thru each day. Thanks for sharing yours!

Matt and Megan said...

I too was joining in on the laughter with everyone else!! I truely love that kid!!He must get his funnys from his favorite aunt!! Not to mention he is so stinking cute!! I can't wait to be closer to you guys so Porter and Ashton can get into all sorts of mischivous things!! See ya soon!!