Friday, May 15, 2009

World Best Banana Bread

I have had a few friends request that I post this recipe. It came from my mother in law who got it from her mother who got it from who knows where. It is mildly bananaish and EXTREMELY moist. It really is the best I have ever had and it only takes 15 minutes from start to the oven Try it and Enjoy!


Preheat oven to 325*

Put the following in a blender and blend:
6 bananas (I put my frozen black ones in warm water for a few minutes then squeeze out the goo)
4 eggs
1/2 cup oil
16 oz sour cream (this is what makes it so moist)
2 tsp vanilla

Mix the following dry ingredients together in a large bowl or Bosch:
4 cups flour
3 cups sugar
2 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon


Slowly mix the blender ingredients into the dry ingredients. Pour into 3 loaf or 3 muffin pans.
Loaf pans- 1 hour or until brown on top
Muffin pans- 10-15 minutes or until brown on top 

*If you like chocolate chips in your bread add 1 cup mini chips to your dry ingredients*





4 comments:

Brittney said...

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. so good. thanks for the recipe.

Molly said...

I LOVE banana bread - gonna try it!

Amanda Stephan said...

I love this recipe!!! I've actually been craving it lately....I think I need to make me some!

Stephanie Walker said...

Wow! You look great! I hadn't read that far down yet about the diet and was just watching the pictures from Disney Land thinking...dang Amber looks so skinny! ;) Way to go! I definitly need to get going on something myself. Babies...they are horrible for your body! Good thing they are so cute.