Wednesday, April 1, 2009

IS IT TIME TO BLOG YET????

So I know it has got to be easier to blog as things happen but I just haven't got that down yet. Since the New Year time has slipped out of our hands. Dustin had been unemployed for almost 5 months which kept us both busy doing odd jobs to bring in income. Then come the end of January him and I both started working full time. Dustin got a job at Insight (a computer hardware and software company) and has enjoyed the laid back atmosphere though he is hoping to move up into a more challenging position. I started working 50 hrs a week at the preschool/daycare that I already worked at.  So there is my excuse, we have been too busy to blog. Well I am going to lump this all in to one post and start from my last New Year post.

Reagan had her 1st Birthday on Jan 8th. Being 1 and unaware made it really easy for us to impress her. She loved the simple cake made out of the random baking items we had around the house.


She took one bite and  was SHOCKED at how yummy cake was!

As the sugar pulsed through her body she knew she loved this stuff!

After stuffing her face she realized that milk and bed time were a must.

My birthday came and went. I don't know what happened to the picture but it is probably better this way because I had just woke up for breakfast and have a crusty morning face. Dustin was a dear and made our new family favorite. Pumpkin Pancakes! Believe me, they are fabulous! The secret is the whip cream and butter syrup that makes them taste just like pumpkin pie. Sounds like a heart attack waiting to happen doesn't it ;o)

It always amazes me what a simple thing like a shower and cute clothes can do for your child. Here we have our adorable Baby Gap model who...

...only an hour earlier made a sticky face and messy hair look like the only way to achieve ultimate comfort! 


No it is not Halloween but why not dress up anyway. A friend of mine gave me her little girl's Batgirl costume. I thought it was so adorable I decided to try it on Reagan. Ashton was Batman for Halloween so he had the costume. The two of them had a great time running around playing good guys.

As cute as she looked I can't wait to see it on her in 2 years when it will actually fit.

A year ago I started working about 12 hours a week at the daycare/preschool. It was a great gig because Ashton got out of the house and interacted, had free preschool, I got to bring Reagan, and I was paid (meagerly) for my help in being there. Well it has had its ups and down throughout the year but I have gotten really comfortable with everything I do. Michelle (the owner) had a baby the beginning of February and so that is why I started working so much. She went on "maternity leave" for 6 weeks and I ran the show 7am-5pm Monday through Friday. She is back now and I am not working nearly as much but it was a great experience and has made me appreciate my now 25 hours a week. 

We had a Valentines Day party and here are a few pictures of our games and the cute kiddos.

Popping balloons is great fun no matter how old you are.

Reagan got dressed up for the festivities in the cutest outfit ever!

And though the picture is blurry I thought it was cute and wanted to share.

We have started a new chapter in Ashton's life. He has officially entered the sports world. We signed him up for T Ball at the YMCA. I am not going to lie and say he loves it. He picks alot of grass, wonders all over the field and has done his fair share of crying. He is the youngest in his team and is actually a little under age to start but he is so tall you would never know (well except for the crying). Each week he gets a little better and a little more aware of how it all works. Dustin and I are excited to enter into the busy world of kids in activities! We are even getting a VAN to make it official!



3 comments:

Brittney said...

welcome back....great new posts.
glad things are looking up for you guys, and your husband found a good full time gig:) and now you are back to 25 hrs a week! lets get together for a play date! we need a sub for bunco for crystal tomorrow night, are you avail? its at heathers. i am so jealous you are getting a van~ i want one, the practicality of it would be spectacular! your kids are too cute. well, guess i will comment on your next blog in july or august, you planning on only blogging 4-5 times a year right? lolol..kidding. i know youre busy. let me know about thursday night if you wanna play and i will email the girls.
britt

Amanda Stephan said...

I love your big post!!!! You are hilarious...as usual and your kids are just adorable!!! The T-ball story was my favorite...picks grass and cries...awesome! ha ha. Luckily he is still little and has no idea what is going on...I bet he will love it in no time...unless you give him the option of singing and dancing...ha ha.

Bryan and Katie said...

yay! you blogged! reagan is one well dressed baby!