Monday, November 3, 2008

Happy Halloween

Halloween was a great day for us. Ashton started the day at his Preschool party doing all kinds of fun Halloween crafts. Then that evening, before it got dark we helped our neighbor Katie celebrate her 6th birthday. All the kids came in their costumes and we had pizza and cake. Then we all headed out and hit the candy trail. It didn't take long for us to pair off with Ashton's favorite buddy Spiderman. His secret identity is Connor Fleming. It was so fun to watch the two of them run from house to house full of life. This is the 1st year that Ashton has really understood the concept of trick or treating. Reagan on the other hand just sat back in the stroller and took it all in. She got to experienced her first sucker and didn't even finish it before she passed out. Poor daddy missed out on all the fun because he stayed home to pass out candy. I hope the 4 (that's right, only 4) tricker treaters that came to our house really appreciate the sacrifice he made to be there when they came by! 

And here is a classic line. As we headed home Ashton was being weighed down by a heavy bag of candy. As our home came in sight we saw that his MaMa (Dustin's mom) was waiting for us. After exchanging a few words she shouted "Wow Ashton, you bag is so full you almost have too much candy". In true Ashton manner he replied "You can never have too much candy"!






6 comments:

Amanda Stephan said...

He is hilarious...he definitely gets that sarcasm from you! ha ha.

JEZEBELAZ said...

It's a good thing the Huff family dog wasn't around to give Regan a kiss....second generation... : )

Jason and Tiffany said...

I'm so glad you finally gave into the pressure to do a blog! Just kidding! I just miss seeing everyone, so this is so much fun! Looks like you guys had a fun Halloween. The kids look adorable. So do you and Dustin. :)

Tina Upson said...

Is she asleep with that sucker???? I am dying

Natalie Braithwaite said...

Sounds like you guess had a great Halloween! Love the Blog Amber! Your kids are so BIG!

J + A = K & J said...

Hi Amber! Your kids are getting so big. I love the halloween costumes. I decided to take the year off of trick or treating since Kadence still doesn't get it. We did all the traditional stuff though and I dressed her up as a ballerina and took her to grandmas! We haven't seen you guys in forever. We should try to get together.